M&A boutiques, specialist M&A consulting firms, and the relevant departments of investment banks have traditionally been the partner of choice in M&A situations. These experts are able to take responsibility for identifying and approaching a potential buyer or target and act as a moderator in negotiations.
But for most mid-sized enterprises, M&A transactions are exceptional events. Accordingly, such companies usually lack employees with the relevant skills and experience. Similarly, in the SME sector, the amount of money involved is always highly significant for the stakeholders and failure may represent an existential risk. Internal preparations should therefore begin as soon as possible after deciding to pursue an M&A transaction. We can manage the entire project and take responsibility for everything from the kick-off meeting to the closing dinner, plus any post-merger integration that may be required.
- Preparation of a financial fact book and analysis of historical results to identify weaknesses
- Creating transparency through preparation of individual and consolidated financial statements
- Creation of and/or performing of plausibility checks on (integrated) corporate planning, particularly related to capital and financing requirements
- Risk analysis and preparation of a risk report
- Pre-qualification and creation of a data room
- Management and handling of the due diligence process
- Performance of financial due diligence
- Support when negotiating the purchase price and contract
- M&A, carve-outs, spin-offs, MBOs, MBIs, PMI
- Post-merger integration
- Supportive communications and, if necessary, marketing activity plus brand building
M&A processes require close cooperation between a wide range of departments. If necessary, the CFO or CRO from demps & partner will bring in additional expertise from the House of CFO. Use the link below to explore our current skillset.